Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Some Testimonials of People I know

I've been flying Alaska with my family for more years than I can remember now; mostly because they are the only airline that offers a nonstop flight from Seattle to Ontario, CA (the flight we make most often, visiting relatives when I was growing up, and now visiting home). I also generally find their prices as low or sometimes even lower than the best competitor, Southwest. In the earlier years the food offered was always better than most of my other airline food experiences. I also liked that they seem to support local businesses and/or organic/non main brand foods (e.g. they serve Jones cola). Of course now all any airline gives you is pretzels and soda. The service is always very good, I've never had any significant problems with delays, and they were one of the last airlines to start charging for bags (besides Southwest and I think Jet Blue).


Theses are the questions I asked them:

Do you have an affinity to Alaska Airlines? If so why?
Why do you choose to continue to fly with them?
What do you think about the service?
Is there a spirit that the airline conveys?
Is there anything you would improve?
What do you like or dislike about flying in general?
Can you pinpoint your best memory of flying? What airline was it?

Answers:

1) Yes, I feel more comfortable with Alaska Airlines
2) We earn Air miles.
3) They have very good Customer Service.
4) I think they convey that they go direct more than any other airlines.
5) I agree with Jerry on this one bring back the first class certificates.
6) Again I agree with Jerry being on time, cleanliness, and short lines and unloading in a timely fashion.
7) My best memory was when we where delayed for hours at SeaTac heading to Las Vegas and we complained and received 4 roundtrip first-class tickets to anywhere Alaskan Airlines fly’s. They went over and above to accommodate us.


1. Yes, I think because when you are a member you have an Affinity because of perks like $50 companion certificate and 1st class upgrades help
2. The main hub is here so you do get the best deals and options
3. Service is usually good although everyone has bad days, I have had no bad experiences with them
4. Spirit of outdoors and the Alaska region mountains, water, Ice and snow is what I think of.
5. Bring back the first class certificates
6. Being on time, cleanliness, and short lines.
7. Going to Maui on Hawaiian air was most likely my best experience, clean on time, good flight with drop down movie screens

No comments:

Post a Comment